A Study of the Role That Emotional Branding Plays in Marketing Strategies Within the Soft Drinks Industry, with Particular Focus on Coca-Cola
Download through www.business.mmu.ac.uk (12.13Mb, PDF)
This sutdy focuses on an area of specific interest to the researcher; how brands manipulate consumers’ emotions in their advertising campaigns.
The title fo this project and the three objectives are:
A study of the role that emotional branding plays in marketing strategies within the soft drinks industry, with particular focus on Coca-Cola.
1. Define emotional branding and evaluate its use in marketing strategies;
2. Identify examples of where Coca-Cola have used emotional branding strategies;
3. Identify whether or not emotional rbanding has effected consumers’ perceptions of Coca-Cola
The key developments of this project are:
- An amalgamation of emotional branding definitions and theories
- Analysis of Coca-Cola’s use of emotional branding
- An evaluation of the emotional connection between different cola brand and a Manchester-based sample of consumer
The main conclusions are: Coca-Cola is a brand that has successfully used Emotional Branding strategies to attract customers; and there is a direct correlation between brands using emotional branding successfull and consumer popularity.